APBS Board Elections: Nominations Requested
Nominations are being solicited from the APBS membership for five open seats on the Full Board of Directors for the 2014 election cycle. Any member of APBS in good standing may nominate another member (or themselves) to run for the board. Terms for seats on the board run for 3 years. The APBS nominations committee will establish a slate of candidates based upon the information provided with each nomination. Nominations are made by submitting the following items:
- The Nomination Application for APBS Full Board of Directors form.
- A letter or email from the person being nominated agreeing to run for the board.
- A professional vita or personal description of the individual being nominated.
- A nomination paragraph of no more than 250 words that will appear on the ballot to be submitted to the membership for the final vote.
- A photo (in jpeg format)
- Any web-links related to your PBS efforts
All nominations (including all required information) must be received by July 15, 2014.
Nominations received after this date will be considered invalid.
Nominations should be sent to Tim Knoster via email: email@example.com
Questions can be addressed to Hank Bohanon via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interdisciplinary Group on Preventing School and Community Violence Press Release (December 19, 2012)
Recognition of Out-going Board Members (March 17, 2012)
Please thank the following Full Board Member and Ex-officio Members who will be leaving the APBS Board this year. Their work has been essential to APBS and we appreciate their time and commitment!
Hank Bohanon, Board of Directors
Kelley Gordham, Ex-officio
Kelly Jewell, Ex-officio
Jean Ramirez, Ex-officio
Carol Schall, Ex-officio
Note: Ex-officio Appointments for 2012-2013 have not yet been made by the President
Make a Contribution Today!
A growing number of members of APBS within the past year have inquired as to how to make a monetary contribution to APBS in memory of Ted Carr and to make sure APBS will be able to continue giving these annual awards over the longer term. We are pleased to announce that the process for making such contributions has been established. Please follow the procedures below should you wish to make such a contribution. Please direct any questions to Tim Knoster (Executive Director).
- Make check or money order payable to "APBS".
- Note on the check "Ted Carr Gift".
- Mail to Tim Knoster (Executive Director) at the APBS mailing address.